Why add more color?
- The more colors you consume in your diet, the wider variety of nutrients you get.
- The more colorful your plate is, the more visually appealing it is. When it comes to food, sight and smell can make or break a deal before we even taste it!
Your fruit and veggie color guide:
- Green produce indicates antioxidant potential and may help promote healthy vision and reduce cancer risks.
- Orange and deep yellow fruits and vegetables contain nutrients that promote healthy vision and immunity, and reduce the risk of some cancers.
- Purple and blue options may have antioxidant and anti-aging benefits and may help with memory, urinary tract health and reduced cancer risks.
- Red indicates produce that may help maintain a healthy heart, vision, immunity and may reduce cancer risks.
- White, tan and brown foods sometimes contain nutrients that may promote heart health and reduce cancer risks.
Strive to get a variety of colors in each of your meals!
Be Healthy. Be Balanced.
-Alicia and Nikki